[Cross-posted from dclure.org] Over the course of the last couple months, I’ve been using Derick Bailey’s superb Marionette framework for Backbone.js to build the new version of Neatline. Marionette sits somewhere in the hazy zone between a library and a framework – it’s really a collection of architectural components for large front-end applications that can…. Continue reading “Restarting Marionette applications”.
It’s been a busy few weeks in Prism, which means that we have some exciting updates for highlighting, visualizations, and the sandbox! Our visualizations now display with the correct colors! This change was surprisingly complicated, since it involved adding yet another function in our d3.js algorithm, but it made a huge difference. I also made…. Continue reading “Spreading the Light: Prism Development is Almost DONE!”.
- Endangered Data Week
- Are You Our New Senior Developer?
- Raspberry Pi on UVa WiFi Network
- The Long and Messy History of Privacy
- Congratulations to the Praxis 2016-2017 Cohort
- Fair Use, DH, and the Kardashians
- If You Want to Master Something, Teach it: Digital Humanities and the ‘Aha!’ Moment
- Topic Modeling Twitter
- “Gothic DH” at Washington and Lee
- In, Out, Across, With: Collaborative Education and Digital Humanities (Job Talk for Head of Graduate Programs)