When did I eat all those candies? This second visualization will answer the above question, and also which candies I ate. This visualization will show each day, and within each day it will show the time period that I had candy, and an image of the candy will designate what kind of candy, and how…. Continue reading “Working with D3, Part 2”.
Track-n-Treat Halloween is great. Free candy. And I have six kids to go out and get it for me. 🙂 I cull some of the finest chocolates from their bags after trick-or-treating and enjoy them throughout the next week. We usually eat everything within a week… This year I decided to track how much candy…. Continue reading “Working with D3, Part One.”.
[Cross-posted from dclure.org] Open the Exhibit Yesterday I made the hop across the country to Boston for the NEH Workshop on Digital Methods for Military History at Northeastern University, where I’ll be giving a couple of workshops about Neatline and soaking up lots of interesting new projects from old friends and new friends alike. Beautiful…. Continue reading “Minard + Napoleon + Neatline”.
[Cross-posted from dclure.org] Launch the Exhibit A couple weeks ago, somewhere in the middle of a long session of free-association link hopping on Wikipedia, I stumbled into a cluster of articles about Project Gemini, NASA’s second manned spaceflight program. Gemini, I quickly discovered, produced some spectacular photographs – many of them pointed downward towards the…. Continue reading “Project Gemini over Baja California”.
[Cross-posted from dclure.org] Launch the Exhibit This is a project that I’ve been hacking away at for some time, but only found the time (and motivation) to get it polished up and out the door over the weekend – a digital edition of the “Nicolay copy” of the Gettysburg Address, with each of the ~250…. Continue reading “The “Nicolay copy” of the Gettysburg Address”.
- Congratulations to the Praxis 2016-2017 Cohort
- Fair Use, DH, and the Kardashians
- If You Want to Master Something, Teach it: Digital Humanities and the ‘Aha!’ Moment
- Topic Modeling Twitter
- “Gothic DH” at Washington and Lee
- In, Out, Across, With: Collaborative Education and Digital Humanities (Job Talk for Head of Graduate Programs)
- Disrupt the Humanities? (Managing Director job talk)
- Amanda Visconti Is Our New Managing Director
- Brandon Walsh is our New Head of Graduate Programs, starting April 24, 2017
- Over the Moon and Down to Earth: Scholars’ Lab versions of space