Background Did you know that Charlottesville once had streetcars? Since moving to town, I’ve heard tales of the once-thriving transportation system that connected Fry’s Spring, UVa and downtown. It wasn’t until an inquiry came in from a student looking for GIS data for the system that I investigated it. I first found the following 1890 map which…. Continue reading “Charlottesville’s Street Car System in GIS”.
While going through our archives of scanned maps, we recently ran across a copy of Frank A. Massie’s 1907 “A new and historical map of Albemarle County, Virginia” [Special Collections, University of Virginia Library], commonly referred to as the Massie map, which contains a wealth of detailed historical information for the county in which the…. Continue reading “The 1907 Massie map of Albemarle Co.”.
- Robocamp 2016
- Lower the Stakes
- What has Scholars’ Lab been up to? Or, a community of practice, communicating.
- What’s the Scholars’ Lab?
- Are you our new Managing Director?
- Managing Director
- Using DH to Explore Movement and Meaning
- 3D Printing in the Classroom: Outcomes and Reflections on a Slavic Course Experiment (2/2)
- 3D Printing in the Classroom: Outcomes and Reflections on a Slavic Course Experiment (1/2)
- Reading Speech: Virginia Woolf, Machine Learning, and the Quotation Mark