Background Did you know that Charlottesville once had streetcars? Since moving to town, I’ve heard tales of the once-thriving transportation system that connected Fry’s Spring, UVa and downtown. It wasn’t until an inquiry came in from a student looking for GIS data for the system that I investigated it. I first found the following 1890 map which…. Continue reading “Charlottesville’s Street Car System in GIS”.
While going through our archives of scanned maps, we recently ran across a copy of Frank A. Massie’s 1907 “A new and historical map of Albemarle County, Virginia” [Special Collections, University of Virginia Library], commonly referred to as the Massie map, which contains a wealth of detailed historical information for the county in which the…. Continue reading “The 1907 Massie map of Albemarle Co.”.
- Troubleshooting Acceptance Testing in RSpec and Capybara
- Playing with toast: Our first Ivanhoe game
- Podcast: Kari Kraus on Humanistic Design
- Steps Taken
- On Not Knowing What I’m Doing
- Rules and Flexibility: Learning from Games for Ivanhoe
- Come explore the Makerspace!
- Minard + Napoleon + Neatline
- Bonjour! Je m’appelle Julia.
- What. The. Junk.