Background Did you know that Charlottesville once had streetcars? Since moving to town, I’ve heard tales of the once-thriving transportation system that connected Fry’s Spring, UVa and downtown. It wasn’t until an inquiry came in from a student looking for GIS data for the system that I investigated it. I first found the following 1890 map which…. Continue reading “Charlottesville’s Street Car System in GIS”.
While going through our archives of scanned maps, we recently ran across a copy of Frank A. Massie’s 1907 “A new and historical map of Albemarle County, Virginia” [Special Collections, University of Virginia Library], commonly referred to as the Massie map, which contains a wealth of detailed historical information for the county in which the…. Continue reading “The 1907 Massie map of Albemarle Co.”.
- ISAM 2017 – Libraries are for making
- How to make books you haven’t read, talk.
- Crafting Our Charter – Praxis Program 2017-2018
- Welcome new DH Developer Zoe LeBlanc!
- About my research, computers and Digital Humanities
- Hello World!
- Digital Humanities Fellows Applications – 2018-2019
- 2017 Virginia Higher Ed GIS Meeting
- CFP: PMLA Special Issue, Varieties of Digital Humanities