Background Did you know that Charlottesville once had streetcars? Since moving to town, I’ve heard tales of the once-thriving transportation system that connected Fry’s Spring, UVa and downtown. It wasn’t until an inquiry came in from a student looking for GIS data for the system that I investigated it. I first found the following 1890 map which…. Continue reading “Charlottesville’s Street Car System in GIS”.
While going through our archives of scanned maps, we recently ran across a copy of Frank A. Massie’s 1907 “A new and historical map of Albemarle County, Virginia” [Special Collections, University of Virginia Library], commonly referred to as the Massie map, which contains a wealth of detailed historical information for the county in which the…. Continue reading “The 1907 Massie map of Albemarle Co.”.
- Monkey Mind
- On the Shelf
- Call for Applications, Graduate Fellowship in the Digital Humanities
- New Developments for the Praxis Network
- Call for Applications, Praxis Fellowship
- Refactoring Ivanhoe
- Moving People/Linking Lives DH Symposium
- What Could Make Ivanhoe ‘Special’?
- Can Ivanhoe facilitate playful learning both in and out of the classroom?
- Spring 2015 Makerspace Workshops