Background Did you know that Charlottesville once had streetcars? Since moving to town, I’ve heard tales of the once-thriving transportation system that connected Fry’s Spring, UVa and downtown. It wasn’t until an inquiry came in from a student looking for GIS data for the system that I investigated it. I first found the following 1890 map which…. Continue reading “Charlottesville’s Street Car System in GIS”.
While going through our archives of scanned maps, we recently ran across a copy of Frank A. Massie’s 1907 “A new and historical map of Albemarle County, Virginia” [Special Collections, University of Virginia Library], commonly referred to as the Massie map, which contains a wealth of detailed historical information for the county in which the…. Continue reading “The 1907 Massie map of Albemarle Co.”.
- Preserving, Reconstructing, & Teaching in 3D
- Time and Praxis: 2015-2016
- Introducing the 2015-2015 Scholars’ Lab Fellows
- Music Genre and Spotify Metadata
- Virginia Woolf, Natural Language Processing, and the Quotation Mark
- Augmented Reality and Simulation
- UVa Library Fall 2015 GIS Workshops
- Physical Computing at DHSI 2015
- //TODO – Introduce Code Concepts
- Can you get the data out of this file?