So the other day I spent most of my day working through the CSS on the Prism site. It was incredibly annoying at first but at some point I really hit my stride and started to get it. In order to start just figuring out where everything was located I made a feature branch (appropriately titled Honey Boo Boo) and started playing around until I could get it close to what I wanted it to look like. I succeeded (as you can see above) in getting the homepage to look like what I imagined. Currently I am using three of my femme superheroes as placeholders for the buttons (for those of you who don’t know they are [from left to right] Honey Boo Boo, Nicki Minaj, and RuPaul). So this is a rough sketch of what the homepage might look like, although we will probably tone down the fabulosity that is the current buttons. Thoughts? Feedback?
- Over the Moon and Down to Earth: Scholars’ Lab versions of space
- Why Study Popular Culture? Why Study the Kardashians?
- Digital Humanities Fellows
- Graduate Applications for the Praxis Program, 2017-2018
- Call for Applicants for Tuition Fellowships for the Digital Humanities Summer Institute
- Spring 2017 UVa Library GIS Workshop Series
- Reading the Kardashians
- Blippar and Augmented Reality Literature
- Working with an Archive of the ‘Now’
- Time, Twitter, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians