On April 4 at 4:30 PM in the Scholars’ Lab, members of current and previous Praxis cohorts will give a presentation on how their projects, Prism and Ivanhoe, can inform textual study and reading in a digital environment. The presentation will also feature demonstrations of both projects.
- Scott Bailey (Religious Studies, Praxis ’13-14)
- Veronica Ikeshoji-Orlati (Classical Archaeology, Praxis ’13-14)
- Stephanie Kingsley (English, Praxis ’13-14)
- Sarah Storti (English, Praxis ’11-12)
- Brandon Walsh (English, Praxis ’12-13)
The panel follows the opening masterclass of the Graduate English Student Association conference “Reading Then and Now,” which will run April 4-6, 2014. The conference will also feature a masterclass by UVa English faculty member Rita Felski (RSVP only); keynote speaker Andrew Piper, from McGill University; graduate student papers on reading practices across cultures and time periods; and a workshop by the Rare Book School. For a complete schedule, visit http://graduate.engl.virginia.edu/gesa/conference/schedule/.
The Praxis panel on Friday is open to the public.