Want to learn more about the skills, methods, and inquiry entailed in digital humanities? The Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) at the University of Victoria has a tradition of transformative training. The University of Virginia, as a sponsoring institution, provides five tuition-free fellowships for the summer of 2017. This deal ends April 1. Apply ASAP. …. Continue reading “Call for Applicants for Tuition Fellowships for the Digital Humanities Summer Institute”.
A couple of months ago, while preparing for the Digital Humanities 2016 conference, I was trying to build a series of charts to visualize data results from some topic modeling I had done. Specifically, I had a data file in which each row was a document and the columns were topic proportions. Reading across any…. Continue reading “Programmatically Building High-level Charts with Bokeh”.
I recently received the greatest compliment on my technical training ability that I’ve ever gotten. When the Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials (SALALM) conference was held here at UVA this past May, I led a Neatline workshop for 45 attendees of the conference. For 90 minutes, we worked through the Lab’s…. Continue reading “Lower the Stakes”.
- Amanda Visconti Is Our New Managing Director
- Brandon Walsh is our New Head of Graduate Programs, starting April 24, 2017
- Over the Moon and Down to Earth: Scholars’ Lab versions of space
- Why Study Popular Culture? Why Study the Kardashians?
- Digital Humanities Fellows
- Graduate Applications for the Praxis Program, 2017-2018
- Call for Applicants for Tuition Fellowships for the Digital Humanities Summer Institute
- Spring 2017 UVa Library GIS Workshop Series
- Reading the Kardashians
- Blippar and Augmented Reality Literature