[Cross-posted to the Washington and Lee Digital Humanities Blog] I was recently invited to give a guest lecture in Caleb Dance’s Classics Course (“Blasts from the Classical Past: In Consideration of the Ancient Canon”) at Washington and Lee University as part of their Mellon Foundation Grant for Digital Humanities, which provides support for research, workshops,…. Continue reading “If You Want to Master Something, Teach it: Digital Humanities and the ‘Aha!’ Moment”.
[Crossposted on my personal blog and the WLUDH blog.] I’ve accepted a new position as the Head of Graduate Programs in the Scholars’ Lab, and I’ll be transitioning into that role over the next few weeks! As a part of the interview process, we had to give a job talk. While putting together this presentation,…. Continue reading “In, Out, Across, With: Collaborative Education and Digital Humanities (Job Talk for Head of Graduate Programs)”.
Want to learn more about the skills, methods, and inquiry entailed in digital humanities? The Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) at the University of Victoria has a tradition of transformative training. The University of Virginia, as a sponsoring institution, provides five tuition-free fellowships for the summer of 2017. This deal ends April 1. Apply ASAP. …. Continue reading “Call for Applicants for Tuition Fellowships for the Digital Humanities Summer Institute”.
A couple of months ago, while preparing for the Digital Humanities 2016 conference, I was trying to build a series of charts to visualize data results from some topic modeling I had done. Specifically, I had a data file in which each row was a document and the columns were topic proportions. Reading across any…. Continue reading “Programmatically Building High-level Charts with Bokeh”.
I recently received the greatest compliment on my technical training ability that I’ve ever gotten. When the Seminar on the Acquisition of Latin American Library Materials (SALALM) conference was held here at UVA this past May, I led a Neatline workshop for 45 attendees of the conference. For 90 minutes, we worked through the Lab’s…. Continue reading “Lower the Stakes”.
- Congratulations to the Praxis 2016-2017 Cohort
- Fair Use, DH, and the Kardashians
- If You Want to Master Something, Teach it: Digital Humanities and the ‘Aha!’ Moment
- Topic Modeling Twitter
- “Gothic DH” at Washington and Lee
- In, Out, Across, With: Collaborative Education and Digital Humanities (Job Talk for Head of Graduate Programs)
- Disrupt the Humanities? (Managing Director job talk)
- Amanda Visconti Is Our New Managing Director
- Brandon Walsh is our New Head of Graduate Programs, starting April 24, 2017
- Over the Moon and Down to Earth: Scholars’ Lab versions of space