Are you a UVA graduate student or upper-level undergraduate in the humanities? Come join our team as a Makerspace technologist! Our Makerspace is designed to foster experimentation with 3D printing, modeling, and digitization, physical computing (e.g. Arduino, wearables), virtual reality, and more. For humanists, it is a good way to learn more about experimental and…. Continue reading “Call for Spring 2018 Makerspace Technologist Applications”.
Note: Applications for this position have closed. Welcome to new Scholars’ Lab DH Developer Zoe LeBlanc! You might have seen our opening for a Senior Developer—we’re now seeking an additional colleague for our R&D team: DH Developer! Apply here (posting number #0621212), or read on for more information. We welcome applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ,…. Continue reading “Job Opening: Curious about focusing on DH development?”.
Note: Applications for the Senior Developer role have closed. Welcome to new Scholars’ Lab Senior Developer Shane Lin! We’re very excited that Managing Director Amanda Visconti and Head of Graduate Programs Brandon Walsh will be on board by April 24. And we are rebuilding our research team at a time when DH@UVA and a new…. Continue reading “Are You Our New Senior Developer?”.
- Hack your pants – video
- Teaching Black Arts Poetry and Computational Methods
- Poems with Pattern and VADER, Part 2: Nikki Giovanni
- Poems with Pattern and VADER, Part 1: Quincy Troupe
- Augmenting an Iconic Structure: The Rotunda
- Announcing 2018-2019 Fellows!
- Writing in Public (on Purpose) at Washington & Lee University
- Starter kit for considering a DH dissertation
- Transcription Is Complicated
- All About the Archive: Guest Teaching at Washington and Lee