Are you a UVA graduate student or upper-level undergraduate in the humanities? Come join our team as a Makerspace technologist! Our Makerspace is designed to foster experimentation with 3D printing, modeling, and digitization, physical computing (e.g. Arduino, wearables), virtual reality, and more. For humanists, it is a good way to learn more about experimental and…. Continue reading “Call for Spring 2018 Makerspace Technologist Applications”.
Note: Applications for this position have closed. Welcome to new Scholars’ Lab DH Developer Zoe LeBlanc! You might have seen our opening for a Senior Developer—we’re now seeking an additional colleague for our R&D team: DH Developer! Apply here (posting number #0621212), or read on for more information. We welcome applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ,…. Continue reading “Job Opening: Curious about focusing on DH development?”.
Note: Applications for the Senior Developer role have closed. Welcome to new Scholars’ Lab Senior Developer Shane Lin! We’re very excited that Managing Director Amanda Visconti and Head of Graduate Programs Brandon Walsh will be on board by April 24. And we are rebuilding our research team at a time when DH@UVA and a new…. Continue reading “Are You Our New Senior Developer?”.
- Spring 2018 UVa Library GIS Workshop Series
- Fellowship Calls and Grad Student Professional Development
- Call for Spring 2018 Makerspace Technologist Applications
- First Steps with NLP and a Collection of Amiri Baraka’s Poetry
- “All of the Questions:” A Recap of the 2017 Bucknell University Digital Scholarship Pre-Conference
- My Experience Leading a Workshop on Text Analysis at Washington and Lee University
- Learning to Augment Reality
- Measured Unrest in the Poetry of the Black Arts Movement
- 3D Printed Enclosures with OpenSCAD
- GIS Day – Wednesday, November 15