Ever wonder how folks in the Scholars’ Lab spend their day? Bethany Nowviskie, Director of Digital Research & Scholarship at the UVA Library and Joseph Gilbert, Head of the Scholars’ Lab, recently participated in the “Day in the Life of the Digital Humanities” project initiated by our friends at the University of Alberta. The “Day of DH” project encouraged scholars, administrators, students, and others who self-identify as “digital humanists” to blog about their day on March 18, 2009. You can read about Bethany’s day and Joseph’s day, as well as the experiences of a host of other participants.
- Blippar and Augmented Reality Literature
- Working with an Archive of the ‘Now’
- Time, Twitter, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- Why not build another digital humanities tool?
- Praxis on Choosing a Subject of Study, or, How did we come to the Kardashians?
- Discussions in the Digital Humanities and Learning New Technologies in the Scholars’ Lab
- The state of DH in Slavic Studies, by Kathleen Thompson
- Hybrid Literature: Ruth Ozeki’s A Tale for the Time Being
- 3D printing for fun and presentation
- Are you our next Head of Graduate Programs?